Thursday, 30 August 2012

flora and fauna


I'm a photography and videography freak. Talk to me about filming, angles, ISO, color correction, focus, and I'll probably love you for life.

During the summer, while everyone else went on their delightful journeys to some exotic country, I stayed here in Singapore. Most days were spent at home, lying around like I was some potato. But it wasn't all wasted; I headed over to the Botanic Gardens sometime in July and collected tons of footage. 

I went alone so I could hear the things that you wouldn't normally hear; see the things you wouldn't normally notice; and feel the atmosphere you wouldn't normally sense. I spotted a monitor lizard, a bird with feathers that looked almost electric blue, a few parrots, and insects I didn't recognize. 
This video is almost all of the footage I gathered edited into one small video. Cross-hatched, color corrected, and added with a background audio of a cover of "Honey Bee" by Zee Avi. I hope you like it.


Hats off to you.
Michelle.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes! We are definitely going to get along well this year. This was beautiful. I had goosebumps and was holding back the tears. Why? Because I am always saying that there are students like you, young adults who care about art, design, music, beauty and hopefully prose. You keep these posts coming. I hope that you will see that I am here to support your work. Now let's see if we can get you talking in class, even if it is a few words a day. You are beyond talented, so let's get this work out there. I am so excited to have you in my class this year.

    I can't wait to see what you can teach me.

    ReplyDelete